What are the school's arrangements for assessing and reviewing the progress of pupils with special educational needs?
How will both you and I know how my child is doing and how will you help me to support my child's learning?
Drakes C of E Primary School will:
- Ensure that we have procedures in place for consulting and working in partnership with parents and pupils
- Track and monitor pupil progress on a regular basis and communicate this information effectively to parents
- Establish and review ‘additional to’ or ‘different from’ provision in response to current need
- Identify aspirational key outcomes for individual pupils and develop clear steps to achieve these
- Ensure robust use of school data to identify, monitor and respond to progress of pupils with SEND
- Ensure reliability of data gathered through triangulation of evidence, including work analysis, discussion with pupil/staff, observations and learning walks
- Have clear monitoring processes in place, including scrutiny of pupil books and work analysis, that are effective in closing the gap for vulnerable pupils
- Ensure that every teacher is responsible for pupil progress in his/her own class, and that this information feeds into wider school processes that monitor pupil progress effectively
- Ensure that appropriate rates of progress are made in line with national expectations and all staff are clear about what is expected and adjust practice accordingly
- Evaluate the impact of interventions through pre and post assessment data analysis, ensuring that this is linked to a clear pupil plan (i.e. My Plan)
- Gather pupil feedback as part of the process to review quality of interventions and provision
- Hold regular parent meetings, with the pupil, as appropriate, to discuss pupil progress (at least three times a year)
- Regularly evaluate progress towards personalised targets with the pupil and include parents where appropriate
- Regularly review and evaluate the impact of SEND provision on the progress, attainment and well-being of SEND pupils
- Track the progress of different pupil groups and cohorts – e.g. Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), pupils with Dyslexia, Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) etc.