How does the school enable pupils with special educational needs to engage in the activities of the school (including physical activities) together with children who do not have special educational needs?
How will my child be included in activities outside the school classroom including school trips?
Drakes C of E Primary School will:
- Carry out our duties under the Equality Act 2010
- Promote positive outcomes in the wider areas of personal and social development and ensure that the approaches used are based on the best possible evidence and are having the required impact
- Promote the health and wellbeing of each child by supporting them to access extra-curricular activities
- Monitor SEND pupils engagement with extra-curricular activities
- Review Equality Information and Objectives (accessibility plans) regularly
- Ensure that children and young people with SEND engage in the activities of the school alongside pupils who do not have SEND
We believe all learners are entitled to the same access to extra-curricular activities, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to ensure participation for all. Please contact us if your child has any specific requirements for extra-curricular activities.