What support that is available for improving the emotional, mental and social development of pupils with special educational needs?
What support will there be for my child’s overall well-being?
Drakes C of E Primary School will:
- Promote the health and wellbeing of each child or young person by supporting them to access extra-curricular activities including programmes put on by The Link Academy Trust’s Inclusion Hub.
- Regularly review and evaluate the impact of SEND provision on the progress, attainment and well-being of SEND pupils
- Review attendance and exclusion data for SEND pupils
- Provide a safe environment for children and young people and recognise that the well-being of all children and young people includes physical, mental and emotional well-being as well as protection from abuse
- Be aware that children may experience a wide range of social and emotional difficulties which manifest in many ways and have clear processes to support these needs
- Be alert to other events such as bereavement and bullying which can lead to learning and/or mental health difficulties and have clear processes to support these needs
- Assess pupils displaying disruptive or withdrawn behaviours to determine any underlying learning, communication or mental health difficulties
- Ensure appropriate provision is in place, such as additional pastoral support for those pupils identified with social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- Have in place clear processes to support children and young people, including how they will manage the effect of any disruptive behaviour so it does not adversely affect other pupils
- Regularly review our SEND, anti-bullying and behaviour policies
- Establish processes to facilitate feedback from all pupils, including pupils with SEND, e.g. pupil voice
- Have an Ethos Group and a School Council
- Have pupil feedback processes in place as appropriate to the age of the children
- Where appropriate seek further advice from advisory services and outside agencies about removing barriers to learning linked to emotional, mental and social development