How accessible is the school both indoors and outdoors?
Drakes C of E Primary School will:
- Make appropriate use of the resources in our delegated budgets to support children and young people with additional needs
- Use our best endeavours to make sure that a child with SEND gets the support they need
- Carry out our duty to make reasonable adjustments under the Equality Act 2010
- Pay regard to the criteria and understand the processes for accessing the additional funding that the Local Authority holds in its High Needs block to provide additional support for pupils with an exceptional level of need in Early Years settings, Primary and Secondary Schools and Post 16 settings.
- Promote the health and wellbeing of each child or young person by supporting them to access extra-curricular activities
- Understand the processes that govern access to external support services and agencies and access the training and support that they can offer their staff
- Where appropriate, seek further advice from advisory services and outside agencies about removing barriers to learning linked to different areas of need
- Remain up-to-date with all statutory moving and handling training, where required.